Kuranda Scenic Railway has provided an excellent tourism experience for many decades from its inception in 1891.
The introduction of Gold Class has provided a premium experience never before seen on the Kuranda Scenic Railway service. It offers customers wanting that extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience.
Experience your scenic journey in the splendour of KSR Gold Class. Take pleasure in the luxury and heritage of hand crafted Victorian inspired decor and club class lounge seating.
Enjoy a drink and dine on locally produced delicacies brought to you by your dedicated attendant.
Gold Class offered on the following services:
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Freshwater
Please Note: No Gold Class service is offered between Cairns and Freshwater Station. All customers are welcome to commence or end their journey at Cairns Station.
KSR Gold Class inclusions:
- Dedicated host service
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen and postcard
- Souvenir trip guide
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station (subject to availability, ask your Gold Class host)
- Morning or Afternoon Tea featuring a selection of Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as Gallo Dairyland Cheese, Skybury Coffee, Wondaree Macadamias, Mango to Go (100% pure mango treat), freshly baked muffins, Sirromet wines and Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
- Welcome tropical mocktails served in the pavillion area, 20 minutes prior to the arrival of the train when boarding at Freshwater Station in the morning
- Welcome drinks served onboard the train, 20 minutes prior to departure, when boarding at Kuranda Station in the afternoon
KSR Gold Class Refreshments Menu
- Morning refreshments menu - here
- Afternoon refreshments menu - here
We take pride in showcasing the delicious local produce and
Queensland made beverages to our visitors. The servery area onboard our heritage carriages, some
are nearing 100 years old, has limited space so we have a regular menu with a
Gluten/Vegetarian option. Unfortunately we are unable to provide any modifications
to the menu for our customers. If you have any dietary concerns, please view our Gold Class
dietary advice. Find out more.
|Gold Class (one-way)||$99.00||$74.00||$321.00|
|Gold Class (return)||$174.00||136.00||$582.00|
Gold Class is only available on the 9.50am Freshwater and 3.30pm Kuranda departures. The current fares listed below valid from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019. One-Way fares include a one-way coach transfer between the Skyrail Smithfield Terminal to Freshwater Station to collect your vehicle. Return fares are for Skyrail departures only and include pick up and return coach transfers to Cairns and Northern Beaches. Royale Service fares quoted are based on a minimum of 15 customers travelling together. All prices are quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars), subject to available and change. #Child Policy: 0-3 years inclusive - free of charge; 4-14 years inclusive - child price applies. Family Fare applies for 2 Adults + 2 Children (aged 4-14 years inclusive). Cancellation Policy: No refund if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel.