Gold Class provides a premium experience never before seen on the Kuranda Scenic Railway service. It offers customers wanting that extra comfort and little bit of luxury, a most memorable experience.
Experience your scenic journey in the splendour of KSR Gold Class. Take pleasure in the luxury and heritage of hand crafted Victorian inspired decor and club class lounge seating.
Enjoy a drink and dine on locally produced delicacies brought to you by your dedicated Gold Class Attendant.
Gold Class offered on the following services:
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Freshwater
Please Note: No Gold Class service is offered between Cairns and Freshwater Station. All customers are welcome to commence or end their journey at Cairns Station.
KSR Gold Class inclusions:
- Dedicated attendant service
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs
- Ambient, historical carriage décor
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen and postcard
- Souvenir trip guide
- Stop and disembark at Barron Falls station, with stunning views of Barron Falls
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station (for morning Gold Class service only), ask your Gold Class Attendant. **NOT CURRENTLY RUNNING DUE TO COVID-19 SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS**
- Morning or Afternoon Tea featuring a selection of Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as Gallo Dairyland Cheese, Skybury Coffee, Wondaree Macadamias, Mango to Go (100% pure mango treat), freshly baked muffins, Sirromet wines and Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
- Welcome tropical mocktails served in the pavillion area, 20 minutes prior to the arrival of the train when boarding at Freshwater Station in the morning
- Welcome drinks served onboard the train, 20 minutes prior to departure, when boarding at Kuranda Station in the afternoon
KSR Gold Class Refreshments Menu
- Morning refreshments menu -
- Afternoon refreshments menu -
We take pride in showcasing the delicious local produce and Queensland made beverages to our visitors. The servery area onboard our heritage carriages has limited space, so we have a regular menu with a Gluten/Vegetarian option. Unfortunately we are unable to provide any modifications to the menu for our customers. If you have any dietary concerns, please view our Gold Class dietary advice.
Find out more.
|Gold Class (one-way)||$99.00||$74.00||$321.00|
|Gold Class (return)||$174.00||136.00||$582.00|
Prices are per person, quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars) subject to availability. #Child Policy: 0-3 years inclusive - free of charge; 4-14 years inclusive - child price applies.
^Family Fare applies for 2 Adults + 2 Children (aged 4-14 years inclusive).
Cancellation Policy: cancellation and amendment fees will continue to be waived if you do need to change your booking. Blackout periods: Kuranda Scenic Railway does not operate Christmas Day or during planned maintenance closures. Concession discounts available for Australian Pensioners or Seniors only (conditions apply). If you cannot find the fare you need please contact reservations for a quote. Queensland Rail Travel reserves the right to make changes without notice.