Gold Class provides a premium experience never before seen on the Kuranda Scenic Railway service. It offers customers wanting that extra comfort and little bit of luxury, a most memorable experience.
Experience your scenic journey in the splendour of KSR Gold Class. Take pleasure in the luxury and heritage of hand crafted Victorian inspired decor and club class lounge seating.
Enjoy a drink and dine on locally produced delicacies brought to you by your dedicated guest service attendant.
Gold Class offered on the following services:
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Freshwater
Please Note: No Gold Class service is offered between Cairns and Freshwater Station. All customers are welcome to commence or end their journey at Cairns Station.
KSR Gold Class inclusions:
- Dedicated attendant service
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs
- Ambient, historical carriage décor
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen and postcard
- Souvenir trip guide
- Stop and disembark at Barron Falls station, with stunning views of Barron Falls
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station (for morning Gold Class service only), ask your Guest Service Attendant
- Morning or Afternoon Tea featuring a selection of Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as Gallo Dairyland Cheese, Skybury Coffee, Wondaree Macadamias, Mango to Go (100% pure mango treat), freshly baked muffins, Sirromet wines and Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
- Welcome tropical mocktails served in the pavillion area, 20 minutes prior to the arrival of the train when boarding at Freshwater Station in the morning
- Welcome drinks served onboard the train, 20 minutes prior to departure, when boarding at Kuranda Station in the afternoon
KSR Gold Class Refreshments Menu
- Morning refreshments menu -
- Afternoon refreshments menu -
We take pride in showcasing the delicious local produce and Queensland made beverages to our visitors. The servery area onboard our heritage carriages, has limited space so we have a regular menu with a Gluten/Vegetarian option. Unfortunately we are unable to provide any modifications to the menu for our customers. If you have any dietary concerns, please view our Gold Class dietary advice.
Find out more.
|Gold Class (one-way)||$99.00||$74.00||$321.00|
|Gold Class (return)||$174.00||136.00||$582.00|
Gold Class is only available on the 9.50am Freshwater and 3.30pm Kuranda departures. The fares listed above are valid from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020. All prices are quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars), subject to availability. #Child Policy: 0-3 years inclusive - free of charge; 4-14 years inclusive - child price applies. Family Fare applies for 2 Adults + 2 Children (aged 4-14 years inclusive). Cancellation Policy: No refund if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel. Blackout Date: Kuranda Scenic Railway does not operate Christmas Day 25/12/2019 and planned maintenance closures. If you cannot find the fare you need please contact reservations for a quote. Cancellation Policy: No refund if cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel.