Enjoy the comfort of Gold Class in carriages adorned in handcrafted Victorian inspired décor, with club lounge style seating and personal onboard service. Gold Class offers a premium experience, providing guests with a little bit of luxury. Let us indulge you with a set menu of locally produced food, and your choice of beverages brought to you by your friendly Gold Class Attendant throughout your journey.
Gold Class is offered on the following services:
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Freshwater
Please Note: All Gold Class guests are welcome to commence or end their journey at Cairns railway station. Please note, food and beverage service is not offered between Cairns and Freshwater railway stations.
Morning departure from Cairns railway station is 9.30am and afternoon arrival time at Cairns railway station is 5.25pm.
Gold Class inclusions:
- Dedicated attendant service
- Individual seating in comfortable lounge-style chairs
- A spacious heritage style carriage for travel that offers the ambience of the romance of rail
- Kuranda Scenic Railway gift pack including a Kuranda Scenic Railway pen and postcard
- Souvenir trip fan
- Stop and disembark at Din Din (Barron Falls) railway station, with stunning views of the Falls
- Refreshments featuring a selection of Queensland and local produce such as Gallo Dairyland Cheeses, Skybury Coffee, Wondaree Macadamias, Licks Mango Sorbet, a selection of Australian wines and Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
- Welcome tropical mocktails are served in the pavillion area of Freshwater railway station from 9.35am
- For afternoon travellers, welcome drinks are served onboard the train at Kuranda railway station from 3.10pm
KSR Gold Class Refreshments Menu
View the Gold Class Refreshments Menu (PDF, 390kb. Opens in new tab).
We take pride in showcasing a selection of delicious local produce and Queensland made beverages to our Gold Class guests. We offer options for guests who are seeking Gluten Free and Vegetarian, and Vegan, Lactose Intolerant and Dairy Free refreshments.
All requests for alternate meal options must be made before travel as the limited space available onboard limits our capacity to transport alternative menu options. Please view our Gold Class dietary advice (PDF, 234kb. Opens in new tab) and contact our reservations team if you have dietary requirements and require an alternate menu option.
Prices are per person, quoted in AUD (Australian Dollars) subject to availability. *Child Policy: 0-3 years inclusive - free of charge; 4-14 years inclusive - child price applies.
^Family Fare applies for 2 Adults + 2 Children (aged 4-14 years inclusive). Cancellation Policy: cancellation and amendment fees will continue to be waived if you do need to change your booking. Blackout periods: Kuranda Scenic Railway does not operate Christmas Day or during planned maintenance closures. Concession discounts available for Australian Pensioners or Seniors only (conditions apply). If you cannot find the fare you need please contact reservations for a quote. Queensland Rail Travel reserves the right to make changes without notice.