Here are a few pre tour suggestions that will make your special day even more enjoyable:
- Comfortable walking shoes for exploring the Kuranda village
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses for sightseeing at Barron Falls
- Insect repellent if you intend to experience one of the many rainforest walks
- Motion sickness tablets if you usually suffer when travelling in vehicles and onboard trains
- Video or still camera to capture your memorable day
Wheelchairs and mobility scooters
A limited number of wheelchairs/mobility scooters can be transported on each Kuranda Scenic Railway service in the accessible carriage, speak with your booking consultant for more information.
Wheelchair Accessibility FacilitiesWheel chair access at Cairns, Freshwater & Kuranda stationsWheel chair Ramp at Cairns stationWheel chair lift at Freshwater & Kuranda stationsWheel chair access at Barron Falls station is unavailableWhen booking please advise Reservations you require wheelchair access, so that we are able to provide the appropriate assistance
Other luggage information can be found here.
Customers travelling with guide, hearing or assistance animals must comply with:
- all relevant Commonwealth, State and Local Government legislation and regulations; and
- booking processes and policies of Queensland Rail for assistance animals, including having the assistance animal pre-approved by Queensland Rail (further details of the booking process and policies may be found here otherwise Queensland Rail may refuse travel to such assistance animals.
Additional information can be found in the
Kuranda Scenic Railway conditions of carriage.